Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Home Infusion, Day Shift, Part-time) to Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position details: This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) with benefits. Day shift (Start time is 0800). This position will cover 10 hour shifts. The position is for every other weekend at UW Medical Center with one weekday shift every week.
In this position you will:
- Drive throughout your work day to see patients in private residences, within a designated region.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care for the patient utilizing the interdisciplinary care team.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Utilize software programs for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
- Perform liaison functions at UW Medical Center on the weekends (Care coordination, admit and teach patients). The one weekday, this position will cover patients' homes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Washington State driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
- One year home infusion experience
- Recent hands-on experience with peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) lines, ports, venipuncture, and various central venous access devices (CVAD)
- Previous case management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila and Spokane, Washington provides pharmaceutical services to patients in communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: IV Therapy
Other Location(s): Washington-Seattle
Req ID: 152049